CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18

Personality is a very interesting thing...

So it comes as a interesting coin-ki-dink that the very night I finally decide to venture into this whole blogging arena, we get back our scores from a very long and extensive personality inventory that we did in my psychology of personality class. I must say, me being me, and being very interested in the way people work, I find this class AWESOME. It truly is my favorite class this semester. But it is always a little strange to see yourself explained so concretly in little numbers and z scores all neatly arranged in a spreadsheet, and then think to yourself, 'Aha! maybe that's why I do that!' None of the results are all together that surprising, but it is still quite interesting to self-evaluate this way. So what did my lovely scores tell me? That I'm very high on the trait that makes you desire to get along with everyone, and just cruise through life causing no turmoil or problems; wanting to make everyone happy, and interactions very smooth. I'm also freakishly high on conscientiousness and femininity (like, the highest score you can possibly get). I'm very person-oriented as opposed to thing-oriented, and my empathic concern (ability to 'feel for' others, and put myself into their shoes so to speak) were also very high. Kind of interesting to note, apparently I'm pretty high on a thing labeled 'right-wing authoritariansim' which is defined as strong adherence to traditions, very conventional, and submit easily to authority. Not quite sure what that says about me...but it's interesting none the less. The only things I scored low on were self-esteem and my perceived attractiveness. Big shock right? (<- sarcasm) With all that being said, it makes sense that I have a slightly avoidant attachment style. Basically, I worry that others don't care for me as much as I care for them, I seek for high levels of intimacy and approval in relationships, and tend to be very emotional and worry a lot. Now, I'm not that high on it, but I can see where I have some of those tendencies, and the conclusion I come to: poor Michael. That man is on his way to sainthood for putting up with some of the shenanigans I put the poor guy through.
So that's just a little peek into the mind of Katie. That might make some of my later posts make a bit more sense....

0 comments: