CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20

Yay for bonding! :-)

I have to say, I am truly unbelievably blessed to have such amazing people in my life. I just had truly one of the best nights ever. A completely top-notch day that started out with my first ever attempt at making of a 3-tier, 5 layer chocolate cake, and then was followed by a spontaneous roomie field-trip to All Fired Up paint-your-own-pottery-joyness which was just loads and loads of fun. We spent about 3 hours there, just painting up a storm and chit chatting away. But what really got to me, was our super de duper long conversation in the Happy China we decided to partake in for dinner. We talked about everything. I mean E-ver-y-thing. From our personalities, our previous life experiences, our family hardships and difficulites, how our childhoods have really shaped us (for better or for worse), how we each ended up at Purdue, weddings, future plans, what we each want out of life, prayer, how God has really lead us and shaped who we are...EVERYTHING! It just blows my mind how profoundly beautiful God's love, guidance and healing hand are. and how even though are lives are so different and sometimes complicated, the human experience is something that is poingnant and universal. We all love, we all have hopes and dreams, insecurites and fears. And it truly is a work of art how all those things come together to create each person, and even more masterful how all those people come together to create such love and friendship. I know I won't remember most of the things I learned in my college classes, but I know I will never ever forget those people who make the experience truly worthwhile.

“O Lord, I cannot doubt your tenderness, because You have given me proofs of it in so many ways, with the sole purpose of convincing me of it. Therefore, trusting in Your love, my weak love will become strong with Your strength.”



Two of the results of our adventures :-)



0 comments: