So...I've been really terrible about keeping up with this.
Basically, I've lost every shred of motivation I've had. I can't quite put my finger on it, but these past few weeks have just been a bit of a struggle, and I've found myself just wanting to hide under my sheets and avoid the entire world. However, I'm making some real progress. I have the great fortune of having amazing friends, a new spiritual director (which is the first time in my life I've ever tried something like this), and Jesus as my captain to kinda lead me out of this island. However solitary I might make my life at times, it gives me a great means to think. Here's some of the things that have come to me in the past few weeks.
1. How beautifully and tragically broken every single person on this planet is. And that it's okay, a blessing even. It gives us an opportunity to connect on a deeper level, and makes sure we're challenged in new ways each day. God knew what He was doing when he made us very relationship driven critters, for it is in our communities and groups where love is explored and shared that the compassionate Sacred Heart of Christ is made known to man.
2. To love is to be in constant pain - constant emotional battle to be always giving of yourself. To see the true vision of love, gaze upon a crucifix. There is no greater love - and no greater pain. Christ has no more to say - by His wounds, He has said it all. He has said that He has been obedient, and loved us unto the point of death, even though it was our sins that drove the nails into His body, and the grief into His Sacred Heart.
3. That I should never really be annoyed. If I can't just laugh it off, and move on with life, I should look at it as an opportunity to find joy. My irritation is a perfect opportunity to act in someone else's interest, other than my own. It is a gift by which I can abandon my own wants, wishes, preferences, plans, etc. for those of someone else.
4. Above all things, seek out love. One of my very favoritist quotes ever: 'Spread Love everywhere you go, let no one come to you without leaving happier.' - Blessed Mother Teresa.
Let us place our hopes and struggles, trials and tribulations, offerings and praise at the foot of the Cross of Christ, by which the whole world was redeemed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment